Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Member Reports: Bird Strike update

Exciting news!  The "Feather Friendly" tape arrived in my mailbox.  So... I fixed up one of the smaller windows for a test.  It takes a little patience to install, but I can see why a bird might think twice about flying past it all.   I've already heard a couple of "thunks" on windows so far this week.  


October Big Day is this Saturday and is an approved project for service hours.  Look around for arriving migrant species of birds and those that are here all year.  Report what you see using eBird!  I'll be camped out in front of a window for probably half a day.  There, there are more dots to stick on windows. 

- Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pollinator Week 2024

I have been working with European honey bees for almost 13 years now. Some of the things that I love the most are the challenges that presen...